I’m bushed! We’ve managed to cram 3 days into 2 again. I should sleep well tonight!
The pups took it a little easier. Max lolled about on the porch.
Ruby found a nice cool spot in the shade of the wall. All the while I was working in the garden which I am happy to say is all in except for some plants that are yet to be…the seeds are planted in a seed starter. They should be ready for planting by June.
Dale was preparing the ground for receipt of his new gazebo. Never let your husband go to a mud sale alone. Yes, these two facts are related. It will be delivered on this coming Saturday. Once in place we’ll decide if we want to paint it or just stain it. The plan is to surround it with rose bushes and put flowering vines at the base of each pillar. Should be lovely come wedding time.
Another new home builder took residence next door. This little black capped chickadee has a nest inside the birdhouse that Chris and Jim gave us for Christmas.
I also accomplished a few things in the knitting world. The Aloha Onesie is finally done — though I still need to wrap it and get it on its way to Hawaii.
I think I found the perfect buttons for the blue and white cotton yarn.
And the snaps at the crotch worked well too. I redid many parts of this, so it ended up taking far longer than I expected, but I’m glad I took the time. Next time I do the pattern (which I do like a lot), I’ll be armed with the modifications I made…if I actually put them in my project page instead of just counting on remembering them.
I also knocked out a quick dishcloth. (We really needed one!) It’s a simple eyelet pattern broken up by garter ridges. The ridges are in yellow and the pattern in a color called creamsicle. I was amused that they gave 3 different languages for yellow on the ballband, only two for creamsicle. The first in english and the second — who knows, it said creamsicle too, but was Italicized. Do you think they think Italian might just be italics? Take a look at the lower left corner. I have noticed that using the Neatby bind off method tends to cause the bind off to lean forwards. It makes sense given the method. I’ve also noticed that when using it to bind off in purl it leans backwards. So, I decide to try to alternate knit and purl bind offs to see what would happen. The 3 stitches on the right were all bound off knitwise. The 3 stitches on the left were bound off alternating knitwise and purlwise. I like the way they line up right on the edge and now that I’ve tried this on a dishcloth will do it on other projects too!
Last, I’ve got 4 ounces of a wonderful suri alpaca/merino/silk blend waiting patiently on a bobbin. It’s waiting for me to spin the other 8 ounces that I have. Dale is working on making me a bobbin winder for use with weaving bobbins. He also came home from the mud sale with 3 old sewing machines so he can use the motors and presser foot controllers. Should be slick.
I’m going to sign off now — still too many things to do before bed! No kidding!