Oh weekend long, we do love thee.
You kindly let us sleep till three.
Our brains recover with ample rest,
And feel much more able to meet life’s test.
That pretty much sums up my 4 day weekend. We did go to the Gibson’s for fellowship and feasting on Thanksgiving, and Marian was here for 3 of the days, but really I mostly slept. And when I wasn’t sleeping I should have been doing homework and some cleaning, but instead I knitted. And I am happy.
I finished the Hat for a Warm Necks and found that it was a pretty pleasurable knit. I’m not sure it’s the hat for me…I like to wear my hair pulled back and found that the bottom was pulled away from my head allowing a neck draft when that really wasn’t the point. I did take my hair down for a picture similar to your current Ravatar though. That worked well, but as I said, I don’t typically have my hair loose, especially outside. I noted on my project notes for the Winter Sky Hat that it blocked out very large…but then I threw it in the dryer and that worked well to tighten it back up. I’m sure this had everything to do with the fact that I knit it out of fingering weight yarn on your recommended needle size. Marian was eyeballing the hat while here…it may be for her. Actually would work well for the way she wears her hair and the gray and blue would look very nice with her hair and eye color. I have a few notes for you on pattern adjustments…the only critical one is to correct your tree of life chart (left side midway up).
I finished the Robin’s Egg Vest too. It had languished for quite a while. I had finished the right side on the drive from Colorado and then it got away from me. And then I didn’t want to get it out because I’d have to figure out how I had done it. I finally did and have it complete. I particularly like the way I did the shaping for the neckline and armholes by slowly shrinking the cables. All one piece, no seams, and it blocked out to perfect size. I suppose I should write this up too, but it probably won’t happen. Once I send it off to Mom for Christmas, I won’t have it to count the stitches and reverse engineer what I did.
My last little project is truly little…yet it really pleases me. I did a tiny toe up sock form my sock blocker key chain. The pattern that accompanies the key chain is top down — and I really prefer toe up. I’m not sure why, especially for a project where you really aren’t concerned about running out of yarn if you make the cuff too long, but I do. I made up my own version…and included a tiny lace stitch. It doesn’t show that much, but I know it’s there. Now I’m making one with seed stitch.