Camp will be from Friday afternoon, July 11 - Sunday, July 13.
Register by downloading the 2014 TSSC Reg Form(link now broken) and mailing it in so it will arrive in Quarryville, PA no later than June 30.
Philosophy — low key enjoyment of each other and the venue. Swimming, canoeing, nature walks, campfires, campfire songs, s’mores, relaxing, and of course, fiber arts. Next year will be more structured.
We will work to have several area vendors set up their wares on one of the days. Also, on Sunday morning we’ll leave camp and head for the farm for a farm lunch and a chance to meet the animals.
Friday afternoon to Sunday just after lunch: Ramblewoods Resort Campground, Darlington, MD
Sunday afternoon: Fair Winds Farm, Quarryville
Cost: $190 per person - includes meals, bed, general supplies. For optional classes (still TBD if we are offering classes) there may be an additional charge.
Closest airport is BWI, about an hour or so…closest AMTRAK station is Aberdeen, MD, about 25 minutes or so…and by the way, AMTRAK serves BWI. We will make some arrangements for one or two runs of a shuttle service to and from the AMTRAK station (there may be a small additional charge for that service).
You’ll Need to Bring:
- Sleeping bag or bed linens and towels — the cabins have regular beds with excellent tempurpedic mattresses. Don’t forget your pillow!
- Camp clothes including rain wear in case of wet weather.
- Toiletries including sunscreen and (if they bug you) bug repellent.
- Other stuff that we’ll list as I think of it.
- Knitting, spinning, crocheting, weaving — whatever you want to play with!!!
We’ll work to make a small marketplace part of the event — and possibly a yarn crawl for those who want to come into town a day early (your own lodging arrangements, but I can come up with some recommendations).